Annual list of the richest Indians has been released by Forbes. Industrialist Mukesh Ambani named as India’s richest for ninth year in a row with a net worth of $18.9 billion even as his wealth dipped by $4.7 billion in a year.
- There are 12 new entrants in the list including Sachin and Binny Bansal (founders of Flipkart) who made their debut at 86th position are now India`s first e-commerce billionaires with a net worth of $1.3 billion each.
LIST OF RICHEST INDIANS
- Mukesh Ambani with a networth of USD 18.9 billion
- Dilip Shanghvi with a networth of USD 18 billion
- Azim Premji with a networth of USD 15.9 billion
- Hinduja Brothers with a networth of USD 14.8 billion
- Pallonji Mistry with a networth of USD 14.7 billion
- Shiv Nadar with a networth of USD 12.9 billion
- Godrej Family with a networth of USD 11.4 billion
- Lakshmi Mittal with a networth of USD 11.2 billion
- Cyrus Poonawalla with a networth of USD 7.9 billion
- Kumar Mangalam Birla with a networth of USD 7.8 billion.
The combined wealth of India’s 100 richest persons remained largely unchanged at $345 billion, as compared to $346 billion in 2014. Indian economy was estimated to grow at 7% this year, but the wealth of many of India’s 100 richest have gone down due to decline in the stock markets and depreciation in rupee value over the past one year.