According to Hurun Global Rich List 2021, Chairman of Reliance Industries (RIL), Mukesh Ambani with a wealth of USD 83 Billion (~ INR 6 Lakh Crore) became the 8th Richest Person in the World. The List was topped by Elon Musk (CEO of Tesla), Jeff Bezos (CEO of Amazon) & Bernard Arnault (CEO of LVMH-Louis Vuitton).
- Hurun Global Rich List 2021 is the 10th Year of ranking. It ranked 3, 228 Billionaires from 2, 402 companies & 68 countries.
- Elon Musk took the number 1 spot for the 1st time and at the age of 49 years is the youngest to take the No.1 spot.
- In the Hurun Global Rich List 2020, Mukesh Ambani was ranked 9th.
- In 2020, world added 3 billionaires every 2 days; India added one every week
- Apoorva Mehta of Instacard & Nikhil Kamath of Zerodha (both 34 years) became the youngest Indian Billionaires with a net worth of USD 1.7 Billion.
India climbs to 3rd spot
India Climbed to 3rd Spot in the Hurun Global Rich List 2021 with 209 Billionaires (out of which 177 live in India, 32 Indian Origin). China came 1st followed by the USA.
|Rank||Name||Wealth||Main Company||Country of Residence|
|8||Mukesh Ambani||USD 83 Billion||Reliance||India|
|1||Elon Musk||USD 197 Billion||Tesla||USA|
|2||Jeff Bezos||USD 189 Billion||Amazon||USA|
|3||Bernard Arnault||USD 114 Billion||LVMH-Louis Vitton||France|
With 60 Billionaires from the Hurun India Global List 2021, Mumbai became the capital for India’s rich followed by New Delhi (40) & Bengaluru (22).
Mukesh Ambani is India’s richest Billionaire followed by
- Gautam Adani of Adani Group (Global Rank – 48)
- Shiv Nadar of HCL (Global Rank – 58)
- Lakshmi N Mittal of ArcelorMittal (Global Rank – 104)
- Cyrus Poonawalla of Serum (Global Rank – 113)
Zhong Shanshan (Founder of Chinese Bottle Water Maker – Nongfu Spring) with USD 85 Billion became Asia’s Richest person, followed by Mukesh Ambani. He also broke into the Hurun Global Rich List 2021 for the 1st time with a rank of 7.
- Globally there 3, 228 Billionaires. The total wealth of Billionaires increased by USD 3.5 Trillion or 32% to USD 14.7 Trillion.
- Asia accounted for 51% of World’s Billionaires & 45% of their wealth.
- China has 1, 058 Billionaires & USA has 696 billionaires.
- Beijing is the world’s Billionaire Capital for the 6th Straight year with 145 billionaires living there followed by Shanghai & New York.
Recent Related News:
i.14 January, 2021, 2020 Hurun Global 500 list – a list of 500 most valuable companies across the globe, of Hurun Research features a total of 11 Indian companies.
About Hurun Report:
Chairman and Chief Researcher – Rupert Hoogewerf (Hu Run)
Headquarters – Shanghai, China
About Hurun India:
MD and Chief Researcher – Anas Rahman
Headquarters – Mumbai