Manav Rachna Educational Institutions (MREI), Sector-14 Faridabad, Haryana has been honoured with the Best School Promoting Sports at the 11th edition of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industries (FICCI)’s Global Sports Summit, TURF 2022 & India Sports Awards 20222, held in New Delhi, Delhi.
- FICCI announced the 11th edition of #TURF themed in ‘Vision 2047: Indian Sports after 100 years of Independence’
- MREI was recognised for its efforts towards offering international-level sports facilities to students and producing competent sportspersons.
- Dronacharya Awardee and Former Ranji Cricketer, Sarkar Talwar, Director for Sports at MREI was honoured with Lifetime Achievement Award 2022.
i.Avani Lekhara, Indian Paralympian and rifle shooter who won 2 medals at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics, was honoured with the Para Sports Person of the Year award.
ii.Shrey Kadyan, the softball gold medalist from the Special Olympics World Summer Games in Los Angeles, was honoured with the Special Sportsperson of the Year award.
iii.Odisha was honoured with the best state for promoting sports awards.
iv.The All India Chess Federation won the National Sports Federation of the Year Award for hosting the 44th Chess Olympiad 2022 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Complete list of Winners:
|Best Equipment Company Promoting Sports
|Best Sports Infrastructure Construction Company
|Best Educational Institute Promoting Sports
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT)
|Best School Promoting Sports
|Manav Rachna International School
|Best NGO Promoting Sports
|Special Olympics Bharat
|Best Corporate Promoting Sports Development
|Sports Journalist of the Year – Electronic
|Sports Journalist of the Year – Print
|Excellence in Sports Governance
|Sports Authority of India
|Coach of the Year – Male
|Coach of the Year – Female
|Nonita Lal Qureshi
|Sports Franchise of the Year
|Bengaluru Bulls – Pro Kabaddi League
|Best States Promoting Sports
|National Sports Federation of the Year
|All India Chess Federation
|Emerging Sports Person – Male
|Payas Jain (Table Tennis)
|Emerging Sports Person – Female
|Linthoi Chanambam(judo), Antim Panghal(wrestling)
|Sportsperson of the Year – Special
|Sportsperson of the Year – Para
|Lifetime Achievement Award
i.The awards were presented in the presence of Sujata Chaturvedi, Secretary (Sports), Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India (GoI) as the Chief Guest for the event.
- Attendees – Sanjog Gupta, Chairperson, Sports & Youth Affairs Committee, FICCI and Head of Sports, Disney Star; Dr. Amit Bhalla, VP, MREI and Co-Chair, Sports and Youth Affairs Committee, FICCI; Ms.ManikaBatra, KhelRatna and Arjuna Awardee; Anju Bobby George, Padma Shri, KhelRatna, and Arjuna Awardee; Mr GautamGambhir, former Indian Cricketer and LokSabha MP; and Ms Mithali Raj, Former Captain, Indian Women’s National Cricket Team were present in the occasion.
ii.During the event 7 focused plenary sessions were organised engaging eminent sports industry personalities in wide-ranging discussions over various aspects concerning the sports sector.
The topics of the sessions were
- Rising Culture of Sports League
- How Fantasy Sports Enhances Sports Experience
- Technology Revolutionizing Sports Industry
- current state of sports in the country
- India’s Special Sports Strategy
- The Role of Sports Science & Nutrition for Athlete Development
- Empowered Women Leading the Way in Sport.
iii.At TURF 2022, The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) also launched its joint publication, ‘More Than a Game’ which highlights the key themes addressed by the sports for development sector in India, including youth empowerment, gender equality, education, and well-being.
About Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI):
Director General – Arun Chawla
Establishment – 1927
Headquarters – New Delhi, Delhi