On August 19, 2019, The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Maldives on Training and Capacity Building Programme for Maldivian Civil Servants was operationalised after the discussions held between the senior officials of the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DARPG), the National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG) and the Maldives Civil Service Commission in a ceremony held at the Civil Services Commission of Maldives at Male, Maldives.
- Indian delegation: It was led by Shri V.Srinivas, Additional Secretary, DARPG. The High Commissioner of India to Maldives Mr. Sanjay Sudhir was also present.
- Maldivian delegation: It was led by Dr. Aly Shameem, Chairman of the Civil Services Commission of Maldives.
- iii. Schedule: The first 3 training programs will be held on September 16-28, 2019, November 18-30, 2019 for 60 officers of the middle management level and December 2-14, 2019 for 30 officers of top management level. The first 10 training programmes will be held from September, 2019 to December, 2020.
- Nodal Institute: National Center for Good Governance, India and the Civil Services Commission of Maldives had signed an MoU which envisaged capacity building activities for 1000 Civil Servants of Maldives at the National Centre for Good Governance over the next 5 years. It envisaged that the National Center for Good Governance, India will be the nodal institution for designing customized training modules and its implementation taking into account the requirements of the Civil Service Commission of Maldives.
- Academic Committee: An academic committee will be established between the 2 institutions for enhanced cooperation in implementing the training programs. It will cover areas relating to the subject matter, faculty and timelines of the training.
♦ Capital: Male
♦ Currency: Maldivian rufiyaa