On June 25 2020, Minister of State(MoS) of Defence Shri Shripad Naik inaugurated the two days ‘Defence Conclave 2020’ in Gujarat through video conferencing. The conclave was jointly organised by Confederation of Indian Industry(CII), Gujarat and Society of Indian Defence Manufacturers(SIDM).
- The Conclave is held in the defence and aerospace manufacturing sector.
- Focusing in strong defence is a great economic growth and helps in job creation in manufacturing.
- The saturation of markets in other sectors is responsible for directing interest towards the defence sector and promises sustained business opportunities.
- It aims to strengthen the ‘Make in India’ initiative, and increase defence manufacturing.
- The vision of the central government towards the defence sector has gained the attention of Micro, small and medium sized enterprises (MSMEs).
- The coastline of Gujarat is 1600 kms with well-connected ports.
- There are more than 8000 MSME serving the Ordnance Factories and defence Public Sector Companies in Gujarat
- It has emerged as an excellent infrastructure facility that offers both forward and backward supply chain linkages to the defence and aerospace manufacturing sector.
Chief Minister: Vijay Rupani
Governor: Acharya Devvrat