Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) & IIT Roorkee (IITR) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Strengthening Research & Development (R&D) sectors in Road Sector & continuing of MoRTH Professorial Chair at IIT Roorkee.
- The Chair focuses on R&D, training & teaching in the Development of Highway Infrastructure.
- The agreement was signed by Indresh Kumar Pandey, Director General – Road Development & Special Secretary, MoRTH & Professor Manoranjan Parida, Deputy Director and Professor of Civil Engineering, IIT Roorkee.
- To develop indigenous technologies for reducing the cost & time taken for construction of Road/Bridge/Tunnel projects.
- To achieve this purpose, the knowledge available with Research Institutes & Academia will be used by MoRTH.
MoRTH Professorial Chair:
The Professorial Chair will provide Guidance regarding
- Acceleration of Innovation, Research & Development in highway sector
- Undertaking studies on Environment & Social Impacts of highway development projects
- To assist the spread of Technology in the Highway Department by organizing seminars, guidelines, training & user manuals. The technological upgrades will be in the field of planning, designing, construction and Operation & Maintenance.
- Undertaking Scientific research to arrive at solutions for practical problems in the highway sector.
- To expand Highway Engineering related resources in IITR & other educational institutions which work on highways & other aspects.
- It will also act as the ambassador of MoRTH for highway development in India.
Recent Related News:
i.On September 7-8, 2020, MoRTH conducted the 2-days Orientation and Training programme on iRAD App for select districts of Karnataka and on 10th & 11th September 2020 for some districts of Uttar Pradesh (UP).
About IIT Roorkee (IITR):
Director – Ajit Kumar Chaturvedi
Location – Uttarakhand