Prime Minister Narendra Modi has flagged off a train service from Thalaimannar to Madhu Road in Northern Sri Lanka. Modi was accompanied by the Sri Lankan President Maithiripala Sirisena. Modi also unveiled a plaque inaugurating Talaimannar 1650 Pier Railway station.
The Madhu Road to Talaimannar track is 63-km long and it is the last segment of the 265-km Northern Railway Line Reconstruction Project, which is being executed by Indian Railways Construction Company Ltd (IRCON).
This train service has fulfilled the long-cherished dream lakhs of Tamil people, who wanted direct rail connectivity to Colombo.
Knowledge is Wealth
- IRCON is an engineering and construction company, specialized in transport infrastructure.
- IRCON was founded in 1976 and it’s Headquarters is New Delhi.
- IRCON is a fully owned entity of Indian Railways.
- IRCON has completed more than 121 major projects in more than 21 countries.
- Mohan Tiwari is the current Chairman and Managing Director of IRCON Ltd.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification