During United Nations Climate Change Conference 2015 (COP21) in Paris World leaders of 20 countries has launched the Mission Innovation for accelerating clean energy revolution across the world.
Tagline – “Accelerating the Clean Energy Revolution”
Aim – To reinvigorate and accelerate global clean energy
Objective – To make clean energy widely affordable
Participating countries – Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Norway, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Sweden, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and the USA.
- 20 countries committed to double their respective clean energy research and development over the 5 years to 2020.
Highlights of Mission
- As part of Mission Innovation, each of the countries involved will seek to double its governmental or state-directed clean energy research and development investment over the next 5 years.
- The new investments will be aimed specifically at “transformational clean energy technology innovations” that will be scalable across a variety of economic and energy market conditions.
- Working with existing international institutions, participating countries will cooperate and collaborate to help governments, private investors and technology innovators.
- The collaboration will cover areas such as- sharing of data, technology expertise and analysis in order to promote commercialization and dissemination of clean energy technologies.
- It was launched as a long term global response to tackle the problem of climate change.