Union Rural Development Ministry, in partnership with State Governments, has completed the ranking of 50000 Gram Panchayats (selected under ‘Mission Antyodaya’) on three broad parameters of physical infrastructure, human development and economic activities.
About Mission Antyodaya:
Union Rural Development Ministry’s ‘Mission Antyodaya’ aims to create 50000 poverty-free gram panchayats.
- The goal is to converge, all existing government initiatives and schemes in these 50000 gram panchayats so that every household within these panchayats is benefited which shall consequentially lead to elimination of poverty.
- Gram Panchayats have been selected by the State Governments on the basis of social capital.
- 50000 selected gram panchayats have been grouped together in 5000 clusters.
- In order to measure the poverty status, the selected Gram Panchayats have been assessed on 21 parameters placed under three broad parameters viz. physical infrastructure, human development and economic activities.
Action and Measurement under ‘Mission Antyodaya’:
Over the next 1000 days, Central Government along with other supporting entities will resort to several interventions in order to bring about desired result.
- Public institutions like Krishi Vigyan Kendras, Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) Clusters and Skill Development Institutions will be involved at the cluster level in developing the fullest potential for enhancing productive employment and economic activities.
- Even private sector participation will be sought by inviting young CEOs of companies, founders of Start Ups and Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives for making Panchayats Poverty free through livelihood diversification and establishing market linkages.
- The impact of interventions will be evaluated at the Gram Panchayat as well as the household level.
- For the households, the baseline will be the data of latest Socio Economic Census, while progress at Gram Panchayat level will be evaluated against standings on the three parameters derived at the time of compiling the rankings.