Spanish model Mireia Lalaguna Royo was named Miss World 2015 in Sanya, an island resort off the southern coast of China. This was 65th Miss World contest and the seventh held in China.
- Mireia, a 23-year-old medical college student and a pianist from Barcelona, obtained the title after beating 113 other contestants from around the world.
- Miss Russia Sofia Nikitchuk finished the runner-up and Miss Indonesia Maria Harfanti ranked at third position.
About Mireia Lalaguna Royo
- 1992 born Mireia is the first Miss World from Spain.
- In 2014, Mireia was crowned Miss Atlantico Internacional 2014 after she won the pageant succeeding Lorena Romaso.
- On October 24, 2015, she was crowned Miss World Spain 2015 after participating at the 2015 edition of Miss World Spain held in Malaga, Spain.
About Miss World pageant
It is one of the three most publicised beauty contests in the world, alongside the Miss Universe and Miss Earth contests. The Miss World pageant is the oldest surviving major international beauty pageant.
- It was created in the United Kingdom by Eric Morley in 1951.
- The Miss World Organisation owns and manages the annual Miss World Finals.
- Miss World organisation has raised more than £250 million for children’s charities and is franchised in more than 100 countries.
- Miss World, Limited is a privately held firm, and thus figures for its earnings, expenses and charitable contributions are not publicly available.