The Ministry of Rural Development will launch a new sub-scheme under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) which will be named as “Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY)”.
Aajeevika Grameen Express Yojana (AGEY) – Objectives & Mode of Implementation
As mentioned by Minister of State for Rural Development, Ram Kripal Yadav the main objectives of AGEY are to provide an alternative source of livelihoods to members of Self Help Groups (SHGs) under DAY-NRLM by facilitating them to operate public transport services in backward rural areas.
- This will provide safe, affordable and community monitored rural transport services like e-rickshaws, 3 and 4 wheeler motorised transport vehicles to connect remote villages with key services and amenities including access to markets, education and health for the overall economic development of the area.
- This sub-scheme will be implemented in 250 blocks in the country on a pilot basis for a period of 3 years from 2017-18 to 2019-20.
- One of the options proposed to be given under the sub-scheme is that the Community Based Organisation (CBO) will provide interest free loan from its own corpus to Self Help Group member for purchase of the vehicle.
About Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM):
Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Livelihoods Mission (NRLM)was launched by the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), Government of India in June 2011.
- It is being implemented across the country in all States and Union Territories (except Delhi and Chandigarh).
- The Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana–National Rural Livelihood Mission (DAY-NRLM) is making a difference to the lives and livelihoods of over 6 crore households from where women have joined Self Help Groups (SHGs).
- Since the inception of the programme in 2011, women members of SHGs have accessed Rs. 1.06 lakh crore as Bank credit.
- Under the DAY-NRLM, over 30 lakh women farmers have been supported under Mahila Kisan Sashaktikaran Pariyojana (MKSP) to promote sustainable agricultural practices.