On January 16, 2018, Thomson Reuters Corp published its debut “Top 100 Global Technology Leaders” list.
About Thomson Reuters top 100 global tech leaders list:
This list identifies tech industry’s top financially successful and organizationally sound organizations.
- The rankings are based on a 28-factor algorithm that measures performance across eight benchmarks.
- Eight Benchmarks are – financial performance, management and investor confidence, legal compliance, risk and resilience, innovation, environmental impact, people and social responsibility and reputation.
- The assessment also takes into consideration patent activity for technological innovation and sentiment in news and selected social media as a measure of a company’s public reputation.
- The list comprises only those companies that have at least $1 billion in annual revenue.
Thomson Reuters Corp Global Technology Leaders – Top 10:
|2||Intel Corp||California, US|
|3||Cisco Systems Inc||California, US|
|4||Apple Inc||California, US|
|5||Alphabet Inc||California, US|
|6||International Business Machines Corp||New York, US|
|7||Texas Instruments Inc.||Texas, US|
|8||Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing||Taiwan|
Highlights of Thomson Reuters top 100 global tech leaders list:
The list is topped by Microsoft, followed by chipmaker Intel Corp at 2nd and network gear maker Cisco Systems Inc at 3rd position.
- Top 10 companies have been listed above. The remaining 90 companies are not ranked, but it includes the social media giant Facebook Inc and world’s largest online retailer Amazon.com Inc.
- 45 percent of these 100 tech companies are headquartered in the United States. 13 companies are based in Japan while another 13 are based in Taiwan. Five tech leaders on the list have headquarters in India.
- By continent, North America leads with 47 companies in the list, followed by Asia (38 companies), Europe (14 companies) and Australia with one.