All Indian Council for Technical Education(AICTE) signed agreement with Microsoft and chosen Microsoft as their Technical partner for Online Courses
Features of the app:
- The Online Course programme is named as SWAYAM (Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Mind)
- About 2,000 Massive Open Online Courses to be started
- Over 3 Crore Students and public will be nurtured under the Courses
- UGC (Credit Framework for online learning courses through SWAYAM) Regulation, 2016 has been approved by the Ministry for successful implemention of the app.
Procedures of the UGC Regulation 2016:
- SWAYAM Platform will hold the Online Courses by a partner Institution the National Massive Open Online Courses Coordinator
- Table of Online Courses are offered in each semester will be informed to the Registrars
- Free Physical Facilities like Laboratories, Computer Facilities and Library will be provided to Parent Institutions
- AICTE will acquire the entire App from Microsoft after successful implementation after 3 years
- A worth of 38 Crore rupees has been signed between Microsoft and All India Council of Technical Education.
About All Indian Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
- Statutory body a national-level council for technical education, under Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Established in November 1945
- Roles: Accredits PG and UG programs under categories at Institutions and Universities as per it charter