Malaysian-born action heroine Michelle Yeohhas been appointed as United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Goodwill ambassador.
- The New ambassador will focus on raising awareness and mobilising support for the recently propelled Sustainable Development Goals.
- Yeoh will pursue her longstanding passion for global development issues, including gender equality and the eradication of poverty.
- Her previous engagements concerning development issues included appointments as Global Ambassador for the Live to Love and Make Roads Safe campaign in 2012, advocacy during the Zero Discrimination Campaign (UNAIDS) in 2013, and a Live to Love humanitarian aid trip to Nepal this year.
United Nations Development Programme:
- United Nations global development network that advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.
- The development body formed in 1965 headquartered in New York.
Michelle Yeoh Choo-Kheng:
- Yeoh is a Chinese-Malaysian actress, best known for her own stunts in the Hong Kong action films, she was chosen by People as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World in 1997.
- She graduated in B.A. degree in Creative Arts with a minor in Drama.
- In 2002, she was honoured as The Outstanding Young Persons of the World.