The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, approved Memorandum of Co-operation (MoC) between Ministry of Women & Child Development (MWCD) and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
- In accordance with the cooperation in Information and Communication Technology enabled Real Time Monitoring (ICT-RTM) of Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS). It also deals with other technical matter.
Future goals of MoC :
- Implementation of ICT-RTM of ICDS which will enable the authorities for timely intervention for ensuring proper service delivery.
It is deals with
- shared national communication campaign
- communications strategy and guidelines
- customizing communications
- developing plans for large scale dissemination
To provide technical support through high quality technical teams of nutrition experts.
- The phase-I of ISSNIP encourages ICT-RTM through one Lakh Anganwadi Centers (AWCs) in 162 high burden districts of eight participating States.
- The MoC will cover 162 high malnutrition burden districts of eight States are as follows:
- Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhatisgarh, Jharkhand, Maharashtrta, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh.
Advantages to the beneficiaries:
- Children of 0-6 years age,
- pregnant women
- Lactating Mothers
- Technical support throughout the country to deliver nutrition especially during pre-conception, pregnancy and first two years.
- Funding to applicable organisation that meet eligibility criteria as will be mutually agreed upon by the Foundation and MWCD from time to time to provide support.
- Providing technical assistance for designing, development of Common Application Software (CAS) to (ICT-RTM) of ICDS Systems Strengthening
- Nutrition Improvement Project (ISSNIP) and Support System.
- Support to MWCD in developing a shared national communication campaign for maternal and child nutrition .
About Ministry of Women and Child Development:
♦ MWCD, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex body for formulation and administration of the rules.
♦ Regulations and laws relating to women and child development in India.
♦ Headquarters: Shastri Bhawan, Dr. Rajendra Prasad Road, New Delhi
♦ The MWCD trainers will in turn be responsible for training the Angan Wadi Workers (AWWs) and local Supervisors in using and adopting the ICT solution.
♦ Cabinet minister: Maneka Gandhi