Australian city Melbourne has topped the Global Liveability Rankings compiled by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) for seventh-straight year.
About Global Live ability Rankings:
- The ranking quantifies the challenges that might be presented to an individual’s lifestyle in any given location, and allows for direct comparison between locations.
- Every city is assigned a rating of relative comfort for over 30 qualitative and quantitative factors across five broad categories – stability, healthcare, culture and environment, education and infrastructure.
Highlights of Global Live ability Rankings 2017:
- According to the survey that covered 140 cities globally, though the rankings of top five cities remain unchanged, the past few years have seen increasing instability across the world, causing volatility in the scores of many cities.
- EIU noted that overall; the global average liveability score has fallen 0.8 per cent to 74.8 per cent over the past five years.
- Top city Melbourne scored an overall rating of 97.5 out of 100 on the liveability index this year.
- The least liveable city was Damascus (Capital of Syria)at 140th place.
- Besides, Iraq, Libya and Turkey remain the subject of high-profile civil unrest and armed conflicts, while a number of other countries, such as Nigeria, continue to battle insurgent groups.
- The report has highlighted that even a relatively stable country such as the US has seen mounting civil unrest linked to the Black Lives Matter movement and the policies proposed by President Donald Trump.
- It is to be noted that no Indian city was ranked in the top ten or bottom ten in the most liveable city ranking.
Global Live ability Rankings 2017 – Top 10
|5 – Tie||Calgary, Canada|
|5 – Tie||Adelaide, Australia|
|8||Auckland, New Zealand|
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification