Indian Writer Meghna Pant to be honored with Kumaon Literary Festival’s FON – Fellows of Nature South Asia Short Story Award in Nature writing in October for her short story “People of the Sun.”
About FON :
Fellows of Nature (FON) has been founded to build a community of nature writers and revive interest in nature writing and reading, and through this form of literature, build awareness and develop respect for nature, and eventually help in conservation.
- The initiatives of Fellows of Nature will help put the spotlight on critical environment issues through literature.Fellows of Nature have initiated an International Short Story Contest on nature writing. The winner will be presented the FON South Asia Short Story Award, in collaboration with Kumaon Literary Festival. A fine Collection of Short Stories on nature will be selected from the contest to be published as a book.
- Writing in this category is born out of love, respect, and awe of nature. It finds its subject during days of close observation of the beauty of the natural world.
- Writing about the close relationship between humankind and nature plays an important role in creating interest and building respect for it amongst book lovers and others. There is a pressing need to restore this literary art. The best way to do it is through stories.
About Meghna Pant :
Meghna Pant is an Indian literary fiction author and financial journalist.
- She has written one novel,One & A Half Wife (2012), and a collection of short stories, Happy Birthday! (2013).
- Pant’s short stories have been published in over a dozen international literary magazines, including Avatar Review, Wasafari, Eclectica, and QLRS.
- Pant is also known for having abridged the world’s longest epic, the Mahabharata.
- Pant’s debut novel One & A Half Wife was published by Westland Books in May 2012. It went into multiple reprints and won the national literary Muse India Young Writer Award.
- The novel was also shortlisted for the Cinnamon Press Novel Writing Award, Word Hustler’s Literary Storm Novel Contest and the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award.
- Happy Birthday, Meghna’s second book, was published in July 2013 by Random House.
- Happy Birthday was one of a hundred works longlisted for the 2014 Frank O’Connor International Short Story Award.