Reserve Bank of India (RBI) , has appointed Meena Hemchandra as its executive director and she would be in charge of the department of banking supervision. She would also be in charge of department of non- banking supervision and department of co-operative banking supervision.
- The previous in charge of these departments Mr Chandan Sinha executive director of RBI,from now be in charge of department of information technology, department of payment and settlement system, foreign exchange department, and financial market regulations department including market intelligence.
- After the retirement of G. Padmanabhan in May 2015, there existed a vacancy to which Meena Hemchandra was appointed.
- Before this she was in charge of the department of a supervision.
- She also worked as a principal of Reserve Bank’s College of Agriculture in Pune.
- She also worked in external investment and operations department.
- Meena Hemchandra, who is a postgraduate in economics,is also a chartered financial analyst from Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India
Executive Directors in RBI
- RBI has got 11 Executive Directors in charge of different departments.
- The portfolios of other Executive Directors ED is unchanged with the appointment of new ED
Institute of Chartered Financial Analyst of India ICFAI
- Itis a non-profit educational society in Telengana, Andhra Pradesh.
- Established in the year 1984.
- Founded by NJ Yasaswy, Besant C Raj and Dr Prasanna Chandra.
- ICFAI is present in Jharkhand, Tripura,Mizoram,Nagaland, Sikkim,Meghalaya,Chattisgarh, Rajasthan and Himachal Pradesh