The Union Minister of State for Development of North-Eastern Region (MDoNER), Dr Jitendra Singh has released MDoNER Calender-2016.
Theme – Rising North East
- The Calender-2016 is projecting various buildings and other developmental works carried out in each state of North Eastern Region with the assistance of Ministry of DoNER.
- There are 12 photographs showing some of the infrastructure development activities in North Eastern Region under the various schemes of MDoNER.
Key Event – Destination North East-2016
Festival “Destination North East-2016” will be organised by the Ministry during 12-14 February, 2016 in New Delhi to showcase the inherent economic, social and cultural strength of the North East Region at National Level.
- Sikkim will soon be declared the first “Organic state” in the country.
- North east will be taken in the first phase of skill development programme.
This festival will display various facets of North East in its myriad forms and colours through events which will include theme specific Business Summit consisting of sectors like, Tourism, Agriculture, Food Processing, Skill Development &Entrepreneurship, IT, Handloom & Handicrafts, Livelihood, Micro-Finance and Startups.
Road Construction agency
There will be an exclusive road construction agency for Northeast dubbed “North-East Road Sector Development Scheme” (NERSDS) and would primarily focus on inter-State roads, popularly referred to as “orphan” roads.
- The National Highway Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd. (NHIDCL) will be the project implementing agency for the road projects undertaken by NERSDS.