Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industries & Agriculture (MCCIA) in partnership with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has launched India’s 1st Agriculture Export Facilitation Center (AEFC) in Pune, Maharashtra (at MCCIA office, Senapati Bapat Road).
- AEFC will help in boosting Maharashtra’s agricultural and food exports and wil help in meeting Global Standards.
- It will act as a one-stop-shop for the export of agri-food productions.
- The center was virtually inaugurated by Dr G.R. Chintala, Chairman of NABARD.
- India ranks 13th in the world in the agricultural export.
i.It will be open to anyone who is involved in export of agricultural products.
ii.The center will provide expert guidance on areas like Orchard Management, Minimum Residue Level (MRL), Branding and Marketing, Special Export Treatments, Country-wise Protocols, Government Export Schemes.
- It will disseminate knowledge by organising awareness programs, training programs and workshops on export related aspects.
iii.The Central Government has proposed to develop a knowledge bank in which activities & knowledge related to exports will be available online.
India’s Agricultural Exports
- The agricultural exports as a percentage of India’s Agricultural GDP stood at 9.9% in 2018-19.
- India’s Agricultural exports stood at INR 2.53 Lakh Crores in 2019-20.
- Its total agricultural export basket accounts for just 2.5% of World Agriculture Trade.
- India’s Target in Agriculture Exports – The export of agriculture is targeted at USD 60 Billion by 2022.
Recent Related News:
i.On 3rd December, 2020, APEDA & NABARD signed a MoU to address the key interests of Agriculture and allied sectors for bringing better value to the stakeholders and Implementing Agriculture Export Policy (AEP).
About Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industries & Agriculture (MCCIA)
Director General (DG) – Prashant Girbane
Headquarters – Pune, Maharashtra
About National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
Chairman – Dr. G.R. Chintala
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra