March 10 is observed as CISF raising day every year since 1969. The CISF is a dedicated force which provides security to a wide range of critical infrastructure assets of India.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi tweeted, “On 46th CISF Raising Day, I salute the CISF personnel for their bravery and sense of duty with which they have served our Nation for years“.
Knowledge is Wealth
- The CISF was set up under an Act of the Parliament of India on 10 March 1969.
- The current strength of CISF is 165,000. The government is planning to increase the strength to 200,000 over the next 2–3 years.
- CISF is the largest industrial security force in the world.
- The headquarters of CISF is at New Delhi.
- CISF comes directly under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The current Director General of CISF is IPS Officer Arvind Ranjan.