On June 15, 2020 Manipur Chief Minister(CM) N. Biren Singh inaugurated three projects undertaken by the State Public Health Engineering Department(PHED) through Video Conferencing(VC) from the Chief Minister’s Secretariat Imphal.
- Integrated Water Supply Project for Imphal Planning Area Phase-1 (Capacity:9.53 million liters per day- MLD), Porompat, Imphal East was constructed at the project cost of Rs 636.19 lakh. It will cover the areas including Khurai Laiwangma, Khurai Sajor Leikai, Minuthong Hatta among others.
- Integrated Water Supply Project for Imphal Planning Area Phase-1 (Capacity:9 MLD) Iroisemba hilltop, Imphal West was constructed at the project cost of Rs 736.77 lakh. It will cover the areas including Lamphelpat, Iroisemba and Uripok area among others.
- Imphal Sewerage Project Phase-1 (Capacity:27 MLD), Lamphelpat, Imphal West was constructed with a project cost of Rs. 345.43 crore. It is the only sewage treatment plant in North East India.
i.New Development Bank has sanctioned Rs 3000 crores to provide potable water to every household of the State. All the necessary processes including issue of work order has been completed.
ii.Till now 3000 households have been connected by the Imphal Sewerage project which will benefit around 12,000 households.
Officials present during the event– L Susindro, Chairman Loktak Development Authority, Chief Secretary Dr J Suresh Babu, Additional Chief Secretary Dr Rajesh Kumar, Commissioner (PHE) Nidhi Kesarwani, Secretary to Chief Minister Ningthoujam Geoffrey, Chief Engineer (PHE) Haobam Sunil among others
- The major water supply schemes in Tameng-long, Senapati and Chura- chandpur districts will be inaugurated soon.
- The Nambul River Rejuvenation Project with an estimated cost of around Rs 95 crore has been started.
PHED deals with planning, investigation, execution and operation and maintenance of both Urban and Rural Water Supply Schemes in the State.
Minister– Losii Dikho
Governor– Najma Heptulla
National Park– Keibul Lamjao National Park