Japan’s automobile giant Suzuki Motor Corporation plans to invest Rs.8,000 crore in Gujarat by setting up three manufacturing units with a total capacity of 7,50,000 lakh vehicles annually.
The first plant will have an area of 640 acres and is scheduled to start production in mid of 2017. Total investment of this plant will be Rs 3,000 crore, and this will have an annual capacity of 250,000 units.
The facility will be set up in line with Prime Minister Modi’s ‘Make in India‘ initiative. These plants will generate huge amount of money flow and also provides employment to thousands of youths.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Suzuki Motor Corporation is based on Japan and it is the tenth biggest automaker by production worldwide.
- Suzuki was founded by Michio Suzuki in 1909 as Suzuki Loom works and it’s Head Quarters is in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka, Japan.
- Osamu Suzuki is the current Chairman and CEO of Suzuki Motor Corporation.
- Maruti Suzuki is the Indian subsidiary of Suzuki. Founded in 1981. Current Chairman is RC Bharghava.
- Maruti Suzuki has two manufacturing facilities in India. The Gurgaon manufacturing facility and the Manesar manufacturing plant.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification