In a high level meeting, the defence minister of Israel Moshe Ya’alon has offered all help and technology to make Modi’s ‘Make in India‘ initiative a huge success. Ya’alon said “Our relations with India have become strong because of common values, interests and respect. Both countries have found ways to cooperate on security and defense behind the scenes“.
India is now close to finalizing the contracts for two additional Phalcon AWACS and four aerostat radars, together worth well over $1.5 billion.
Knowledge is Wealth
- Israel – A country in Western Asia. Capital – Jerusalem. Currency – Israeli new Shekel.
- Israel’s President – Reuven Rivlin
- Israel’s Prime Minister – Benjamin Netanyahu
- Israel has two official languages – Hebrew and Arabic.
- Israel is India’s second-biggest arms supplier after Russia over the past two decades.