In a high level reshuffle, the government has transferred 17 IAS officers on 22nd June 2017.The Urban Development Secretary Rajiv Gauba will be the next Home Secretary after incumbent Rajiv Mehrishi retires on August 30.
Gauba will serve as an Officer on Special Duty in the Home Ministry.The changes were approved by the Appointment Committee of the Cabinet.
- Gauba, a 1982-batch IAS officer, was originally of the Bihar cadre but transferred to Jharkhand after the state’s division.
- He will be replaced by DurgaShanker Mishra, who was serving as Additional Secretary in the Urban Development Ministry.
- Yudhvir Singh Malik, a 1983-batch Haryana cadre officer, has been appointed as Secretary, Road Transport and Highways. Malik, who is serving as Chairman of National Highways Authority of India will be replaced by Deepak Kumar, the Director General of Employee’s State Insurance Corporation.
- Subhash C. Garg, a 1983-batch Rajsthan cadre officer serving as Executive Director at World Bank. He has been made Secretary of Economic Affairs.
- Electronics and Information Technology Secretary Aruna Sundarajan has been appointed as Telecommunications Secretary.
- She would be replaced by Ajay Prakash Sawhney an additional Secretary in the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- Secretary, Food Processing Industries, Avinash K. Srivastava will be the Consumer Affairs Secretary, swapping places with Jagdish Prasad Meena.
- Rajiv Kapoor has been appointed as Secretary, Chemicals and Petrochemicals.
- Sanjeevanee Kutty, currently Secretary, Border Management in the Home Ministry, will be the new Secretary, Ex-Servicemen Welfare in the Defence Ministry.
- Arun Kumar Panda an additional Secretary, Health and Family Welfare, has been appointed as Secretary, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises,.
- Ravi Kant, Additional Secretary, Defence, has been chosen as Secretary in the Ministry of Shipping.
- Anand Kumar, Managing Director National Highways Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited, has been transferred as Secretary, New and Renewable Energy.
- Ajay Kumar Bhalla, Director General Foreign Trade, will be appointed new Power Secretary.