Mahatma Gandhi’s granddaughter Tara Gandhi Bhattacharjee has been awarded with one of France’s highest honour. The Order of Arts and Letters for her contribution in promoting peace, solidarity, culture, education, and development.
- Bhattacharjee was conferred with the Officier de l’Ordre des Arts etLettres (Order of Arts and Letters) honour by French Ambassador Francois Richier.
- This honour comes in recognition of Bhattacharjee’s remarkable work for promoting peace, solidarity, culture, education, and development through her commitment and legacy of her grandfather, Mahatma Gandhi.
- She has been working for the Kasturba Gandhi National Memorial Trust, founded by Mahatma Gandhi in memory of his wife to serve needy women and children of rural India for the past 28 years.
Order of Arts and Letters:
- The Order of Arts and Letters (Ordre des Arts et des Lettres) was established in 1957 by French government.
- The award is to recognize eminent artists and writers, as well as people who have contributed significantly to furthering the arts in France and throughout the world.
- The Order of Arts and Letters is presented out three times annually under the jurisdiction of the Minister of Culture and Communication.
- Some Indian recipients of this honour in the past include Bharti Kher, Subodh Gupta, ShahrukhKhan, Aishwarya Rai.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification