The first Solar Power operated Mini-Water Supply Plant has been commissioned in Hingna village of Mouda Taluka in Nagpur district Maharashtra. Solar power is the conservation of sun energy to usable electricity. Solar Power is a sustainable and renewable resource of energy.
- The plant entirely run on solar power for which 1800 Watt panels have been installed.
- It delivers 10,000 Liters of purified water every day.
- The nitrate content from water is completely removed so as to avoid the ill effects on the health of villagers
- This is an effective and environment-friendly cleaner technology.
- This is the first solar power plant operated mini water supply in Maharashtra.
- The plant has been installed on experimental basis by Rite Water Solutions under the supervision of the Zilla Parishad authorities.
Advantages of Solar Power Plants
- There is no requirement of fuel in the solar power plants.
- Solar energy does not cause any pollution.
- Solar plants require little maintenance after once installed.
The problem of impure water is prominent in Vidarbha region where nitrate content is more than four times than the acceptable level.
- The efforts are being made to tackle the two issues together with the use of an effective and environment-friendly cleaner technology. The village with six hundred households is now getting pure water for a very low cost.
Key Points :
- Capital of Maharashtra- Mumbai
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra- Devendra Fadnavis
- Governor of Maharashtra- C. Vidyasagar Rao