Current Affairs PDF

Maharashtra the first state government to announces free and cashless insurance to the people

AffairsCloud YouTube Channel - Click Here

AffairsCloud APP Click Here

On 1st May 2020, The Health Minister of Maharashtra Rajesh Tope announced that Maharashtra will be the first state to provide free and cashless insurance protection to the people and the covered under the state governments health scheme and for the treatment of COVID-19 patients at the private hospitals in Pune and Mumbai the government has signed an MoU with the General Insurance Public Sector Association(GIPSA).free and cashless insurance premiumKey Points:

i.Maharashtra Health Minister Rajesh Tope mentioned that the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana (MJPJAY) will cover 85% of the population and it will be extended to the remaining 15%.

ii.To include the government, semi-government employees and white ration card holders under the scheme to prevent private hospitals from overcharging the patients the government has signed a memorandum.

iii.To standardise the treatment fees at all the hospitals different packages will be designed for all diseases.

iv.The Maharashtra government has capped the fees for the treatment of private hospitals based on the Disaster Management Act and Epidemic Act and the hospitals without the tie-up with the GIPSA to standardise their treatment fees.

Implemented under the name of Rajiv Gandhi Jeevandayee Arogya Yojana (RGJAY) on 1st April 2012 throughout Maharashtra in a phase manner for 4 years period. On 13th April 2017 the name of the scheme is changed to Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Jan Arogya Yojana (MJPJAY).
CEO– Dr. Sudhakar Shinde
Deputy CEO– Jyotsna Padiyar