In accordance with the report on “Index of Internet Readiness of Indian States”, Maharashtra is leading the list of overall Internet readiness index.
- Maharashtra is followed by Karnataka, Gujarat, Telengana and Tamil Nadu.
- The report has been released by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and Indicus Analytics.
The Internet readiness index has been prepared on the premise of e-infrastructure index, e-participation index, IT services and e-governance index.
Key Highlights of Report
Among smaller states, Delhi has been emerged as the topper in terms of Internet readiness index and in the tele-density department at 221 connections per 100 persons.
- Delhi has been followed by Puducherry and Goa while Maharashtra topped the large state group.
- Among the Union Territories, Chandigarh stood ahead in terms of Internet readiness index.
The report aimed at to provide to exhibit the digital ecosphere that presently exists in the states as it is essential to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the states during rapid advancement in e-services.
About Internet and Mobile Association of India:
Established in 2004 is a not-for-profit industry body registered under the Societies Act, 1986. It is responsible to expand and enhance the online and mobile value added services sectors.
- IAMAI is the only specialized industry body in India representing the interests of online and mobile value added services industry.
- Headquarters – Mumbai
- President – Dr. Subho Ray