Maharashtra Government on 3 November 2015 approved a revised scheme, named APJ Abdul Kalam Amrut Yojna
For whom : Pregnant and Lactating women in the tribal areas of the state.
Aim : To provide at least one full hot cooked nutritious food to every pregnant lady and lactating mother.
Main Highlights of Yojna
- The meal will be provided for free. The hot cooked meal will take into consideration the beneficiary’s food preference for six months, beginning from third trimester of pregnancy to the three months period after delivery.
- The meal will include pulses, rice, fruits, vegetables and boiled eggs with occasional supply of milk.
Implementation of the scheme
- The scheme will be rolled out on 15 November 2015.
- The anganwadis workers, the tribal women and the local meal committees will implement the scheme.
- The Women and Child Welfare Department will spend 10 crore rupees in stipend to anganwadi workers.
- The scheme will be executed in 16 districts having tribal population.
- A four-member meal committee will be constituted in every tribal village across 16 districts.
Key points :
- Maharashtra CM : Devendra Fadnavis
- Maharashtra Governor : C. Vidyasagar Rao
- Maharashtra Capital : Mumbai