On March 8, 2021, Maharashtra’s Deputy Chief Minister (CM) & Finance Minister Ajit Pawar presented the state budget for the year 2021-22 with an outlay of INR 4, 84, 118.19 Crore. Infrastructure development, health, agriculture, Nari Shakti were the main areas of focus.
- Revenue Deficit Budget – INR 10, 226 Crore Deficit
- Estimated Revenue Expenditure – INR 3,79, 213 Crore
- Estimated Fiscal Deficit – INR 66, 641 Crore
- Expected Growth (based on an economic survey of Maharashtra) is -8% in 2020-21 & Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) to fall by INR 1, 56, 925 Crore.
- Women & Childcare Development – INR 2, 247 crore
- Infrastructure development – INR 58, 748 crore
- Health Sector – INR 7, 000 Crore
- Zero-Interest loans to farmers who take crop loans up to a limit of INR 3 Lakhs & do timely repayment.
- Allocation of INR 5, 000 Crore for quality health services in urban areas of the state.
- 540 Km Marine Highway to be constructed to reduce traffic congestion on Mumbai-Goa highway.
- Approval for construction of new International Airport at Purandar, Pune.
- Waterways around Mumbai to be used for the purpose of water transport.
- 170 Km New ring-road costing INR 26, 000 Crore to be built in the limits of Pune Municipal Corporation (Largest Civic Body in terms of area) to ease congestion.
- The proposed project – Pune-Nashik railway project – a medium high-speed railway line with a proposed length of 235 km which is estimated to cost INR 16, 039 crores. The speed of the trains will be 200 Km/hr.
Krantijyoti Savitrbai Phule
- To provide free travel in Maharashtra State Transport Corporation (MSRTC) buses to girl students in rural areas for travelling from villages to schools.
For providing special buses for women in urban/metro centres for a safe and easy commute.
Rajmata Jijau Griha-Swamini Yojna
Concession of 1% in Stamp Duty if it is done in the name of a woman of the house.
State’s 1st Woman Battalion
He announced the formation of the 1st Women Battalion of the State Reserve Police Force.
Forts – Pratapgad fort, Purandar fort, Rajgad fort