Katni in Madhya Pradesh to have India’s longest railway bridge of 14 km in length which is three and half folds longer than the Vembanad rail Bridge that connects Edappally and Vallarpadam of 4.6 Km in length.
- The Vembanad rail bridge in Kerala build by Rail Vikas Nigam Limited (RVNL) in 28 months at a cost of Rs.200
- Once the project comes to operation, it would be the longest Railway Bridge among the 16 railway zones of the country.
- Its total length would be 21 Km included the down line of the bridge would be 7 Km
Cost & Time of the Project:
- This project has got approval from Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs and it would expected cost around 600 crore.
- Earlier the project cost was expected 7000 crore as part of Katni- Singrauli doubling project.
- It will take 5 years to complete the construction of the bridge. This comes under West Central Railways (WCR).
Advantages & Online Maintenance:
- The Bridge would connect Katni Yard and connect with Bina Line.
- Both Passenger and Goods Trains would be benefited from the bridge.
- In the presence of the bridge it would expected to clear the goods trains without halt as it was put on halt about two to three hours.
- This bridge would have digital signaling that will have online maintenance.