Power Purchase agreement (PPA) has signed between Delhi Metro Railways Corporation (DMRC) & Madhya Pradesh Power Management Company (MPPMC) with Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Limited, the implementing agency for the ‘world’s largest single site solar power project’, the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar Power Project (UMSPP, 750MW) in Bhopal on April 17,2017 by Shri Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal, New & Renewable Energy and Mines.
- Union Minister for Urban Development, Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation and Information & Broadcasting, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu and Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh in t were also participated in that special event.
Achievements from Rewa UMSPP
Rewa UMSPP had achieved historic results with a record low first year tariff of Rs 2.97 per unit of electricity and a levelised tariff of Rs 3.30 over the term of 25 years.
- Rewa UMSPP initiates the first power project to carry out the interstate sale of solar power to Delhi Metro. Unit cost of power reducing from over Rs. 4.50 to Rs. 3.30 for DMRC which becomes huge savings.
- Renewable energy has enlarged over 370 %. as compared to 2,600 MW of installed solar power capacity in 2014 in the last 3 years.
- Now,there is a total of 12,200 MW of installed solar power capacity in India and the country will expect to achieve the 20,000MW solar power capacity target 5 years ahead of schedule by the end of 2017.
- The Project will be operated in 18 months.
- It is a joint venture of solar energy corporation of India and MP UrjaVikas Mission.
- Main objective is to supply 24% of electricity generated from the Rewa Ultra Mega Solar project.
- Under this project DMRC will get 24% solar power of Rewa and rest will be provided to the state.
- Both parties have equal stake.
- The 750 MW project will have 3 units each of 250 MW which are being charged to many companies.
- If Private companies fail to complete the project in time then they have to bear a fine of 1 lakh.
- Ministers in Madhya Pradesh Government, Shri Paras Chandra Jain, Minister for Energy, New & Renewable Energy and Shri Rajendra Shukla, Minister for Mineral Resources, Commerce, Industry and Employment, Overseas Indian Affairs, along with other senior officials of the Union Ministry of Power, State Government, DMRC and IFC were also joined in this special occasion.
Delhi Metro Railways Corporation DMRC
It is a world class metro that ensure the reliability and safety in the train operations.
- Number of Stations- 160 Including 6 Airport Express stations
- Chief Executive – Mangu Singh
- Began Operation: 24 Dec 2002