Madhya Pradesh gets its First Mega Food Park promoted by M/s Indus mega Food Part Pvt. Ltd.It was inaugurated by Union Minister of Food Processing Industries.
- The Mega Food Park is expected to cost Rs. 127.70 crore in an area of 53.78 acres.
Key Highlights about the project
- It will help to give an impulsion to the growth of the Food Processing Sector in the state.
- It will have facilities of 3000 MT Cold Storage, 9000 MT Dry Warehouse, Instant Quick Freeze (IQF) 5 MT per hour, modern Quality Control lab and other processing facilities for fruits and vegetables.
- The project will help in providing better prices to farmers.
- It will reduce wastage of perishables and will add value to agricultural produce.
- The proposed project will create enormous opportunities for private enterprise and employment for the youth of the State.
- It will create a modern infrastructure for arresting post-harvest losses of horticultural and non-horticultural.
- The Food Park will provide benefits to the people of Khargone district and the people of nearby districts.
- The Mega Food Park will probably provide employment to about 6000 people and benefit about 25,000 to 30,000 farmers direct and indirect.
- Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh – Shri Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Minister of Urban Development & Parliamentary Affairs – Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu
- Minister of State for Food Processing Industries – SadhviNiranjanJyoti
- Union Minister of Food Processing Industries – Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal