On February 25, 2020 Madhya Pradesh(MP) Government launched a unified vehicle registration card becoming the 1st state to introduce & 2nd state to launch the unified driving license after Uttar Pradesh.The objective of the card is to provide unified smart cards for driving license & vehicle registration with QR code. Chief Minister (CM)Kamal Nath gave away the unified cards, which include registration card & driving license to 6 persons. MP is the first state to issue both smart cards together.Key Points:
i.In 2019, March the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways(MORTH) issued certain guidelines to bring uniformity in driving license & vehicle registration cards across the country. The cards now issued are in compliance with those guidelines.
ii.Features of the cards:
- The cards will possess complete information on both sides of the cards unlike the previous ones.
- They will carry unique numbers recognized across the country.
- Each card will have a QR code that helps to verify authenticity of the data printed on the cards.
- Numerous information including the name, address, blood group, DOB, Photograph of the holder, issuing authority, validity & other details will be stored in a chip.
- The unified driving license card states about the ability of the driver to drive in hilly & dangerous areas & emergency contact number.
MP government hikes the honorarium of Musilm clerics
Government of Madhya increased (more than double) the honorarium paid to Muslim clerics and muezzins in the State. Approval was made by the CM of MP .
i.The hike of the honorarium of imams is from ₹2,200 to ₹5,000 per month & their deputies – muezzins – from ₹1,900 to ₹4,500 a month.
ii.This hike is recommended by Minister of Minority Affairs Arif Aqueel.