On April 9, 2017, President Pranab Mukherjee will draw lots for Lucky Grahak Yojana (3 Mega Prizes for worth Rs. 1 crore, Rs. 50 lakh, Rs. 25 lakh – for consumers) and Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (3 Mega Prizes worth Rs 50 lakhs, Rs. 25 lakh, Rs. 12 lakh – for merchants) at a function to be held at Rashtrapati Bahvan.
- These Mega Prize winners will be felicitated by PM Narendra Modi on 14th April 2017 in Nagpur on the occasion of Ambedkar Jayanti.
Overview of NITI Aayog’s Lucky Grahak Yojana and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojana:
Objective: To encourage digital payments by incentivising consumers and merchants. These schemes are primarily geared towards including poor, lower middle class masses and small businesses in the digital payments arena.
Lucky Grahak Yojana (for Consumers):
- Starting Date: 25th December 2016
- Daily: Rs. 1000/- each for 15000 lucky winners
- Weekly: 7000+ lucky winners. Prizes worth Rs. 1 lakh, Rs. 10000 and Rs. 5000
- Mega Prize: 3 Mega Prize Winners, Prizes worth Rs. 1 crore, Rs. 50 lakh and Rs. 25 lakh.
Digi Dhan Vyapar Yojana (for Merchants):
- Starting From: 25th December 2016
- Weekly: 7000 lucky winners. Prizes worth Rs. 5000, Rs. 5000 and Rs. 2500
- Mega Prize: 3 Mega Prize Winners, Prizes worth Rs. 50 lakh and Rs. 25 lakh and Rs. 12 lakh.
- For Mega Prizes in both the above schemes, all transactions from 8th November 2016 will be eligible.
- Implementing Agency: National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI)
- Eligibility: Transaction within the range of Rs 50/- and Rs 3000/- done through UPI, USSD, Ru Pay cards and Aadhar Enabled Payment System (AEPS). Transactions through credit cards and e-wallets are not eligible.
- Estimated Expenditure (till 14th April 2017): Rs. 340 crore
- Methodology to Select Winners: Random draw of digital transaction Ids
Till March 30, 2017, 1350000 lucky consumers and 79,519 lucky merchants have received prizes under these schemes.
About Digi Dhan Melas:
In a bid to promote digital payments, DigiDhan Melas were organised by Government in various cities. As on March 30, 2017, 90 DigiDhan Melas have been organised in 26 states and 7 Union Territories. Financial institutions have reached out to 15 lakh people through these melas and at least 16000 institutions have declared cashless
- First Digi Dhan mela was held in Gurugram, Haryana