The Renewables arm of Larsen & Toubro’s Power Transmission & Distribution Business has bagged a Turnkey EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) contract to set up Sudair Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Project of 1.5 GigaWatt (GW) in Riyadh Province of Saudi Arabia.
- It will be the largest solar plant in Saudi Arabia with a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) signed & will also be one of the largest such plants in the World.
- The total cost is estimated to be between INR 5000-7000 Crore in value.
- The contract has been bagged from the consortium of ACWA Power and the Water and Electricity Holding Company (a subsidiary of the Public Investments Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF).
- It was awarded to PIF and ACWA Power as part of Saudi Arabia’s National Renewable Energy Program (NREP).
- The 1.5GW PV Solar Module with associated single Axial Tracker & Inverters will be installed on a 30.8 square kilometre land parcel.
- The project is part of 70% of the target capacity of 58.7 GW assigned to PIF.
- Renewable Energy Project Development Office (REPDO), Saudi Arabia will undertake competitive tendering for the remaining 30%.
Recent Related News:
i.On November 17, 2020, Larsen & Toubro (L&T) delivered First Hardware – a Booster Segment – ‘S-200’ for Gaganyaan Launch Vehicle to ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) in a virtual flag-off ceremony.
About Larsen & Toubro (L&T):
Chairman – Anil Manibhai Naik
CEO & MD – S. N. Subrahmanyan
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
About Saudi Arabia:
Currency– Saudi riyal
Crown Prince– Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud