On 26th January, 2021, Lok Sabha (LS) Speaker Om Birla inaugurated the 5-day Bharat Parv-2021, a virtual National Festival at New Delhi. The Festival being held from January 26-31, 2021 will take place on a virtual platform – http://www.bharatparv2021.com/ due to the Pandemic.
- Bharat Parv is an annual event being organized by the Ministry of Tourism since 2016.
- Objective – To showcase the Cuisine & Culture of different states of India.
- Prahlad Singh Patel, Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism and Culture was present during the inauguration event.
- The overall theme of Bharat Parv will also be focused towards Aatmanirbhar Bharat and Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat.
i.Bharat Parv 2021
- Central Institutes of Hotel Management from various parts of the country & Indian Culinary Institute will display culinary delights from across India through videos.
- Glimpses of Republic Day Parade & recorded performances of armed forces music bands will be available on the platform.
- Various Central Ministries & organizations like Ministry of Culture, Ministry of AYUSH, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Development Commissioner Handicrafts, Lalit Kala Academy, Archaeological Survey of India, National Gallery of Modern Arts, Khadi & Village Industries Commission (KVIC) will display handicrafts, handlooms, music, dance, literary material and others in the platform.
- Publications Division will participate in the first Virtual “Bharat Parv 2021” echoing the theme of विरासत शब्दों की, भाव भारतीयता का.
- Bureau of Outreach Communication will focus on the 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi by exhibiting photos, videos, animation regarding ‘Swachh Bharat, Sashakt Bharat, Bapu Ke Sapno Ka Bharat’.
ii.‘Dekho Apna Desh’
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Tourism to promote Domestic Tourism i.e Travel of citizens within the Country.
- This will help in development of the local economy & creation of jobs at the local level.
- It is in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of asking every citizen to visit 15 destinations in the Country by 2022 to promote domestic tourism.
Recent Related News:
i.October 24, 2020, Based on Ministry of Tourism’s Annual Publication ‘India Tourism Statistics(ITS) at a Glance – 2020’, Uttar Pradesh(UP), topped the Domestic Tourist Visits list 2019 with ~53.6 crore tourists followed by Tamil Nadu & Andhra Pradesh.
Ministry of Tourism:
Minister of State (Independent Charge) – Prahlad Singh Patel
Headquarter – New Delhi, Delhi.