Marty Pasetta, a veteran director of live TV extravaganzas including 17 Academy Awards shows, has died. He was 82.Pasetta died in La Quinta,California.
- Pasetta directed 17 Oscar telecasts from 1972 to 1988.
- He also directed many Grammy Awards.
- The Smothers Brothers Comedy hour, Elvis Presleys 1973 year ”Aloha From Hawaii” concert and many TV serials that got him 8 Emmy awards.
- Marty Pasetta was always the go-to person for directing live shows in 60s, 70s, 80s and early 90s according to his former publicist Jim Flood.
- During 4 decades in TV , Pasetta directed and produced manys erials for Hollywoods biggets names like Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby.
- He also oversaw star-studded tributes to Elizabeth Taylor, Alfred Hitchcock etc.
- Pasetta was born on 16th June 1932 in Sanjose,USA.
- Attended Santa Clara University but dropped out to join KGO-TV of San Francisco.
- Survived by his wife, son and daughter.
About Emmy Awards
- Emmy awards are awarded for excellence in Television.
- First given in the year 1949.
- It is given in USA.
- Los Angeles based Academy of Television Arts and Sciences ATAS established Emmy awards for piblic relations and imaging building purposes.
About Oscar Awards
- They are also known as Academy Awards.
- It is annual American award honoring cinematic achievements in the film world.
- Winners are given a copy of statuette,officially Academic Award For Merit, known by the name Oscar.
- Presented by Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- Oscar award was first given on 16th May 1929.
- Some of the categories for which the award given are Best picture, Best Director,Best foreign Language Film,Best Actor/Actress in lead or supporting roles etc.
- Oscar award winning Indians are Bhanu Athaiya, Resul Pookutty, AR. Rahman and Gulzar.
- Satyajit Ray was given this award as Honorary Award in 1992.