Theme: To create special funds like National Compensatory Afforestation Fund and also a State Compensatory Afforestation Fund.
Ministry: Environment Ministry
Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar thanked the members for supporting and passing the bill. Javadekar state that this bill facilitates for unlocking of Rs.41,000 crore which is for the forest land.
Features of Afforestation Programme:
- People’s active participation
- Social audit
- No displacement
Future initiatives of the Javadekar:
- The special importance given to the native species rather than exotic plants.
- It encourages compensatory afforestation. By that, ten percent will receive by national fund and rest will receive by state fund.
Primary objectives of afforestation:
- Compensation for the loss of forest cover
- Regeneration of forest ecosystem
- Protection of Wildlife
- Infrastructure Development
Speech by Environment Minister:
- Added fund bill according the statewise regular budget scenario
- People’s participation in the afforestation programme and also safeguarding the endangered forest
- Odisha state is well going in afforestation programme by the special survillence of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
Pinaki Mishra of Biju Janata Dal also appreciated the bill