Lin Dan of China Wins His Sixth All England Badminton Championships Title 2016, this victory came four years after his last. He awared with a trophy and cash prize of USD 550,000.
- Lin Dan earned his sixth All England badminton championships title when he routed Chinese teammate TianHouwei 21-9, 21-10 in the summit clash in Barclaycard Areana.
- The sixth championship by badminton’s greatest player came 12 years after his first, and four years after his last, when he went into hiatus until two years ago.
- The final lacked any tension, as Lin bolted to 4-0, enjoyed the same margin at the changeover and pulled away.
- NozomiOkuhara of Japanwon the prestigiousAll England Open and thereby becoming the first Japanese women’s singles player to lift this title in the last 39 years defeating Wang Shixian.
- She marked her 21st birthday with her first All England title after beating two-time champion Wang Shixian of China 21-11, 16-21, 21-19 in their thrilling game.
- The final was the longest women’s singles of the tournament at 99 minutes.
Ivan Andreyevich Sozonov of Russia with compatriot VladimirIvanov defeated Japan pair Hiroyuki Endo and Kenichi Hayakawa by 21-23, 21-18, 21-16.
In the Mixed Doubles suite Indonesia pair Praveen Jordan and his partner Debby Susanto defeated Denmark pair Joachim Fischer Nielsen and Christinna Pedersen by 21-12, 21-17.