LIC has released an Information Handout for LIC Assistant Prelims 2019. This handout contains details pertaining to various aspects of the online exam you are going to undertake and important instructions about related matters. You are advised to study the handout carefully as it will help you in preparing for the examination.
- **English/Hindi Language test will be of qualifying nature and marks in the language section will not be counted for ranking.
- Candidates have an option to either attempt English Language or Hindi Language.
- The total time for the test is 60 minutes; however you may have to be at the venue for approximately 90 minutes including the time required for logging in, collection of the call letters, going through the instructions, etc. All tests except the Test of English Language/Hindi Language will be provided in English and Hindi. Each test is separately timed. Candidates can attempt questions in a particular test during the time allotted for that test only.
- All the questions will have multiple choices. Out of the five answers to a question, only one will be the correct answer.
- There will be no penalty for wrong answers marked by you. However, you are advised not to mark your answers by random guessing. An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by LIC (not more than 20 times the vacancies) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination. Shortlisting for the main examination will be on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in