Ministry of External Affairs and Railway will lay the Rail Line to connect Agartala with Akhaura in that country by 2017 which falls 10 km in the Bangladesh.
- The centre govt has grants Rs 580 crore for lying of the five km railway track up to Bangladesh border.
- The complete project will cost Rs 1,000 crore which would be given by the Centre government.
- The distance between Agartala and Kolkata is 1,700 km through Chicken Neck near Siliguri will be reduced to 350 km if passengers will go through the new route.
- According to the detail project report the team had decided to construct a 3.7-km-long flyover (viaduct) would be constructed along the five km stretch on the Indian side to save cultivable lands around the track.
- The track will improve the connectivity and will boost the trade between the two neighbouring countries.
- A team of technical experts from Ircon International Limited ( IRCON) will be the representatives of state government of the Indian.
- Ircon International Limited(IRCON) is an engineering and construction company.
- It is specialized in transport infrastructure.
- The company was established in 1976 under the Companies Act, 1956.
- IRCON was registered as theIndian Railway Construction Company Limited.
- Minister of Railways – Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu
- Capital of Bangladesh – Dhaka
- Currency of Bangladesh – Bangladeshi taka
- Prime Minister of Bangladesh – Sheikh Hasina
- President of Bangladesh – Abdul Hamid