Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries and Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), the regulatory body for Food Safety in India have launched a new tool called ‘Food Regulatory Portal’.
Salient Features of ‘Food Regulatory Portal’:
‘Food Regulatory Portal’ will serve as a single interface for food businesses to cater to both domestic operations and food imports.
- It is expected to be used as an effective and transparent tool in implementation of the food safety laws across India.
- The portal is a step forward towards accomplishing Government’s mission of ‘One Nation, One Food Law’.
About ‘Nivesh Bandhu’ Portal:
During ‘World Food India 2017’, held from 3rd – 5th November, 2017 in New Delhi, Government also launched an Investor Facilitation Portal ‘Nivesh Bandhu’.
- This portal was launched with an objective to assist investors to make informed investment decisions.
- All necessary information on Central and State Governments’ investor friendly policies, agro-producing clusters in India, required infrastructure and potential areas of investment in the food processing sector has been listed on ‘Nivesh Bandhu’ Portal.
- Launching this portal during ‘World Food India 2017’ holds a lot of significance as International Ministerial & business delegations with 200+ members from 15 countries took part in Business to Business (B2B)/Business to Government (B2G) meetings during this event.
- To project Indian as a preferred destination for investment in food business, 8 sectoral conferences and 2 plenary sessions were also held during the course of the event.
Quick Facts related to ‘World Food India’ 2017:
- Held from – 3rd to 5th November, 2017
- Location – New Delhi
- Organised by – Union Ministry of Food Processing Industries under the leadership of Union Minister Ms. Harsimrat Kaur Badal
- Inaugurated by – Prime Minister Narendra Modi on November 3, 2017