Labour Bureau an attached office of Ministry of Labour & Employment has signed a service level agreement with Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Ltd (BECIL) for providing technical and manpower support for conducting All India Surveys on Migrant Workers & All India Quarterly Establishment based Employment Survey (AQEES).
- BECIL will provide technical support to all the surveys to be conducted by the Labour Bureau.
- It is for the first time that such IT-enabled surveys will be undertaken by an organization on such a large scale.
- The IT-enabled surveys are expected to reduce the time taken for completion of surveys by at least 30-40%.
- The data from the surveys will be used for framing the right policies for employment & labour welfare.
- People who are involved in the survey (employees from BECIL) will be offered ‘Fixed Term Employment’ (FTE) under the Labour Ministry. FTE was introduced under the Labour Code on Industrial Relations, 2019.
- The agreement was signed between DPS Negi, Director General, Labour Bureau & George Kuruvilla, Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) of BECIL.
i.The Surveys will provide government data regarding migrant workers & employment situation in formal and informal establishments.
ii.The Labour Bureau is set to conduct 5 All India surveys in 2021. The surveys will be on
- Migrant Workers
- Domestic Workers
- Employment generated by professionals
- Employment generated in the transport sector.
Recent Related News:
i.On 18th February 2021, Santosh Kumar Gangwar Minister of State (Independent Charge(IC)) of Labour and Employment launched the software application for 5 pan-India surveys which are being conducted by the Labour Bureau.
About Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Ltd (BECIL):
BECIL is a Government of India Enterprise-Under Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (A Mini Ratna Company).
CMD – George Kuruvilla
Head Office – New Delhi
About Labour Bureau:
Director General – DPS Negi
Head Office – Chandigarh/Shimla