- The Kerala Tourism has won this year’s Pacific Asia Travel Association Award.
- It has won the award for its Muziris Heritage Project in the Heritage & Culture category.
- The award is given to the Muziris Heritage Project for its conservational efforts, uniqueness and impact on local community.
- The Muziris project is aimed at restoring the historical and cultural significance of the ancient town that stretches across North Paravur in Ernakulam to Kodungalloor in Thrissur.
- This award is given to the travel and tourism industry organisations and individuals who have made outstanding contributions in successfully promoting the travel industry in the Asia Pacific region.
- There were 269 entries from 83 organisations and individuals worldwide for this year’s award.
- The awards will be presented on September 8 at PATA Travel Mart in Bengaluru.