God’s own Country official logoed Kerala Tourism’s campaign on tourism has bagged the ‘Golden City Gate Award’ at the travel trade show ITB in Berlin.
- The award bagged campaign Titled ‘New Worlds’, the multimedia campaign containing three short films directed by reputed Malayalam filmmaker Anwar Rasheed won the silver prize of this year’s Golden City Gate (Das Golden Stadttor), at the International Tourismus-Borse Berlin
- Tourism policies in Kerala, strengthened by an understanding of the uniqueness of the destination, have created a positive impact on the larger interests of the people, on the destinations natural treasures and on the vibrant culture of the state.
- The ‘New Worlds’ campaign was launched by UNWTO Secretary General Taleb Rifai at the World Travel Mart in London.
- Earlier United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO) awarded ‘Ulysses’ Prize for the Kerala Tourism for its contribution as a global leader to sustainable tourism.
- ITB Berlin 2016 taking place from 9 to 13 March.ITBBerlin is open to trade visitors only the largest event of its kind.
- Kerala one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Growing at a rate of 13.31%, the tourism industry is a major contributor to thestate’s economy.