Kerala is hosting the country’s first 3 days global conference on gender equality titled “International Conference on Gender Equality” (ICGE -1) from November 12-14 in Kovalam.
- The motive behind this conference is to reduce gender inequality in India and increase female work participation rates.
Participants – Hundreds of scholars and policymakers from the country and around 40 from overseas.
Organisers – Green Park, an institution under the Kerala Government in association with UN Women.
- Green Park is responsible for the successful all-women cab service “She Taxi”.
Theme – Gender, Governance and Inclusion
- The theme of the conference focuses on the urgent need for a transformative agenda to move towards greater inclusion and gender equality.
Important Issues to be discussed
- Concerns on the status of women, issues relating to transgenders and other sexual minorities in the country.
- Issues like citizenship, globalisation, work, governance, health, education, disability and the role of media will be discussed during 3 days conference.
- Kerala’s draft policy on transgender rights will also be discussed.
- The conference aims to entail an informative and interactive program that will include plenary sessions, thematic paper presentations and panel discussions by gender experts from around the world and poster presentations by young scholars.
Kerala CM – Oommen Chandy
Kerala Capital – Thiruvananthapuram
Kerala Governor – P Sathasivam
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification