The governor of Kerala Arif Mohammed Khan inaugurated the 2-day organized 3rd edition of the Global Ayurveda Summit 2019 in Kochi from October 30-31, 2019. The theme of the summit was ‘Mainstreaming Ayurveda through Startups, Innovation and Branding’ and was organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII).
Aim: The summit also focused on the aim of creating a global marketplace for Ayurveda, ensuring growth through start-ups as a ₹50,000-crore industry by 2025.
- The highlight of the summit was the 2nd edition of the startup competition for Ayurveda- “Ayurstart”. B2B (Business-to-Business) meeting were also part of the summit.
- During the summit, panel discussions on startup opportunity in Ayurveda, funding schemes for Ayurveda, packaging, marketing of Ayurveda, and Promoting Kerala as a destination for Ayurveda Education were held.
ii.Ayurveda growth: Ayurveda is currently growing at a compounded annual growth rate of 16.2%.
iii.Members present: Paul Thomas, chairman of CII Kerala and founder, managing director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer of Esaf (Evangelical Social Action Forum) Microfinance Investments Pvt Ltd, Dr Anil Kumar, executive director of the Kerala Ayurveda Ltd,S Sajikumar, Chairman of the Global Ayurveda Summit 2019, delegations from SAARC(South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation), GCC(Gulf Cooperation Council) and African countries and 45 Ayurveda tour operators of 30 countries participated in the summit.
- Other popular name- God’s own country.
- Capital- Thiruvananthapuram.
- Chief Minister(CM)- Pinarayi Vijayan.