On February 9, 2021, Kerala Chief Minister (CM) Pinarayi Vijayan launched the ‘Kerala Knowledge Mission’ at Thiruvananthapuram. The aim of the mission is to transform Kerala into a knowledge economy by promoting innovative ideas, coordinating knowledge initiatives & equipping young people with New Skills.
- Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (K-DISC) is heading the mission. It is supported by Kerala Startup Mission and ICT Academy.
Digital Workforce Management System Kerala:
i.As part of the mission, the government also launched a first-of-its-kind platform called ‘Digital Workforce Management System Kerala’ (DWMSK) (www.knowledgemission.kerala.gov.in).
- The platform designed, developed and managed by Digital University Kerala (DUK) (also known as Kerala University of Digital Sciences, Innovation and Technology) and other state agencies will help Youngsters to learn new skills and connect trained youth with the global job market and leading private sector enterprises.
- The platform is expected to create at least 3 Lakh jobs in a year & 20 Lakh people will be part of the mission in the next five years.
- It will also be used by the kerala Government to distribute Insurance and Loan assistance to Entrepreneurs.
- It will provide training in the areas of data analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, full stack development, cyber security, digital content creation, media, synthetic biology, genetic engineering and agricultural consulting.
Recent Related News:
i.October 12, 2020, The state of Kerala has become the First State in India to make the public education sector completely digital.
Governor – Arif Mohammed Khan
Wildlife Sanctuary (WLS) – Idukki WLS, Periyar WLS, Wayanad WLS, Kurinjimala WLS.